Tampa Attractions and Things to Do?
Sports, and Theme
Parks, all in one place!
Florida! I absolutely love this place! I love the Tampa
the Tampa airport,
Bay sports teams, and the
Whether you are thinking about moving here or just
a visit, there is an abundance of activities to keep you busy.
In fact the reason that I built this Tampa travel
guide is to put
all of the things to do and all of the Tampa attractions in one place.
also want to share with you why you should visit as a tourist and
encourage you to
take advantage of what the city has to offer if you already live here.
what makes this place so great? Well…
For starters the Tampa Bay weather
about as close to perfect as it gets.
With an average high in January of 70 degrees, I
often call to
my family back home in North Carolina with my favorite question,
“So…how’s the weather up there?”
I ask this really
already knowing the answer (usually about 40 or 50 degrees), since I
just looked it up on weather.com.
Bright, sunny days on almost a daily basis. I was
shocked when I
first moved down here and noticed that even on cloudy days the sun
still shone brightly, blinding me.
On top of some of the best weather in the country,
Bay area (which includes Clearwater, Florida and St. Petersburg,
Florida) has an almost endless
supply of things to do.
No matter your mood or budget there is an abudance
of activities in Tampa for
you and the entire family to choose from.
Looking for beaches? Well you won’t have to travel
far as the Tampa
Bay Beaches are some of the best beaches
De Soto Park, Caladesi
Island State Park, and
Key Beach have all been ranked in the top ten by Dr. Beach as
some of the top
beaches in the U.S.
Activities galore include the best mid-size zoo in
the country, Lowry Park Zoo.
Also you have one of
the largest zoos in the Southeastern U.S. in Busch Gardens
Tampa Bay, which dubs as a theme park, which is one of the
most popular Tampa tourist attractions.
Okay so what else? Well…
Five professional sports teams within an hour and
half drive of Tampa:
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- 2002 Super Bowl Champions (Football)
- Tampa Bay Storm – 5
time World Champions, 1991, 1993, 1995, 1996, 2003 (Arena Football)
- Tampa Bay Lightning
2004 Stanley Cup winners (Hockey)
- Tampa Bay Rays
- 2010 AL East Division Champs (Baseball across the bridge in St.
- Orlando Magic - 2009 Eastern
(NBA Basketball, just over an hour drive to Orlando)
There are also theaters, aquariums, Tampa Bay dinner cruises,
golf courses, Tampa
cruises, charter boats, shopping malls, water
museums, and other Tampa Bay attractions.
If you ever run out of things to do or just want a
change of scenery you can always take a short one hour drive
to the Family Entertainment Capital of the World……
Orlando, FL! Home of the “World’s
Most Famous Mouse”.
Orlando the fun never stops with over 8 theme parks and 3 water parks.
In addition to the parks there are many restaurants, attractions,
family fun centers, and other things to do.
As you can see there are tons of Tampa, Florida attractions.
It is my job to help you sort through those things
to find the
best things to do, especially if you are visiting and short on time.
I will give you my take on the following and
hopefully help you
to enjoy this great city as much as I do, whether you already live here
or are just visiting.
- The best beaches in the area (which will
vary depending on your mood)
- Must do Tampa activities
- Choosing a Tampa
Bay dinner cruise
- Tips on Tampa
airport transportation (this is a
great airport, by the way)
- Different theaters and Tampa
Bay museums in the area
- Sports teams in the area
- Orlando day trip information
- A host of all other kinds of information
Tired of searching for things
to do on the weekend? Save hours by having the
events and happenings come to you.
Subscribe to my Big Guava Newsletter
to periodically receive updates directly to your inbox on the top
happenings and special events in the Tampa Bay area. Totally Free!
- Tampa Attractions Blog
- The Tampa Attractions Blog gives the latest information added to Tampa-attractions.com web site. You can subscribe here.
- Things to Do in Tampa Bay Area
- There are plenty of things to do in Tampa Bay area. You just have to look for them. There are many attractions and events. How do you find them?
- The Beautiful Tampa Bay Beaches
- The Tampa Bay beaches are some of the best beaches in the nation some of which are often rated in the top ten in the country.
- Top Tampa Attractions
- There is plenty to do in the Tampa Bay area. Here are the top Tampa attractions if you ...
- Tampa Parks and Recreation | Hillsborough County Parks
- The Tampa parks and recreation are plenty to enough that you may never see them all. This along with the Hillsborough County Parks...
- Excellent Tampa Bay Dinner Cruises
- There are many Tampa Bay dinner cruises to choose from. Here is a list of these cruises by type...
- Tampa Bay Museums by Type - Tampa Bay Art Museums, History Museums, and more
- Tampa Bay Museums are very diverse. In the area you will find Tampa Bay art museums, science museums, history and even...
- Tampa International Airport: One of the Nation's Best
- The Tampa International Airport is one of the best in the country. Here is information on parking, transportation and some of the best restaurants in the area.
- Tampa Cruises, Choosing Among Carnival, Royal Caribbean, and Holland American cruises
- Tampa cruises are an excellent way to save money for your next vacation. Why is that?...
- The Cheapest Tampa Car Rentals
- When arriving at the airport you will find many options for Tampa car rentals. The best companies with the best prices are ...
- Channelside Tampa: Restaurants, Entertainment, and
Retail Shops in Tampa's Water
- Channelside Tampa is one of the premier entertainment complexes in the city. With restaurants, entertainment, and shopping
- Why is Tampa Bay Weather Considered Some of the Best in
- Tampa Bay weather is perfect during certain times of the year. You can expect this nearly perfect weather during...
- Tampa Shopping Destinations
- List of Tampa shopping areas. Includes flea markets, indoor Tampa malls, shopping complexes, etc.
- Tampa Events
- There are many Tampa Events throughout the year. Here are some of the most notable events...
- Tampa Florida Information - Living Here, Insurance, Real
Estate, & More
- If you would like Tampa Florida information about living here, first let me say that living here is great. Here is information on homes, insurance...
- Tampa Bay Sports Teams
- There is an abundance of Tampa Bay sports teams in the area. There are teams from all the major professional sports within a 90 minute drive. Here are all of your options...
- Contact Us with Suggestions or Questions About the Site
Us with Suggestions or Questions About the Site.